Yoga Therapy combines what you love about yoga with a physical rehabilitation lens. It is like a personal training session for your yoga practice. Most often yoga therapy is done 1 on 1 or in small groups.
Benefits of Yoga Therapy:
- Improves mobility and flexibility.
- Improves body awareness in order to prevents injuries
- Improves your balance and posture
- Calms and relaxes the mind
- Deepens the breath
- Corporate yoga increases productivity
Is Yoga Therapy Good For You?
- If you have pain then yoga therapy can help. You will still get the benefits of doing your yoga practice, but your pain will be addressed.
- If you have repetitive motion injuries like headaches or carpal tunnel syndrome Yoga Therapy can help.
- If you have muscle tension and want to feel more free in your body.
- If you spend lots of time sitting at a computer.
Our Approach To Yoga Therapy
Normally yoga classes do not provide any sort of assessment to determine where somebody is at before they start doing yoga. Using assessment and diagnostic tools to determine your unique flexibility and stability needs we have the information to determine how you stand, what muscles you use, how you transition between poses, and where you need more support. This assessment allows us to address your unique needs in addition to giving you a great experience during your yoga session. At the end of class you will feel more balanced and relaxed and over time you will feel stronger and more flexible.
After the first visit where you will be assessed and a plan will be developed to get you the best results each additional yoga session will be a challenging and dynamic set of yoga poses that will increase your energy and heal your pain.
Each session is personalized and is devoted to addressing your overall goals. Founder, Dr. Noah Volz, has been teaching yoga for 20 years and he combines his expertise in medicine with his love of yoga to create a medical-yoga fusion that is one of a kind.
Each sequence will build on itself so that by the end of the series you will feel stronger and more balanced, ready to face whatever life throws your way.